Press and Blog Resources
We’ve created this central location to make it easier for you to get information about Photosmith for your posts and articles. You are welcome to republish anything on this page.
The team is happy to answer any questions you have, provide promo codes for qualified reviewers, interviews, or podcast appearances. Please specify the website, blog, or publication you represent when making your request.
- Photosmith Quick Summary
- Photosmith Intro Guide (32MB)
- Walkthrough videos
- Press Kit – Full Resolution zip file (72MB)
- What’s new in this version
- App Description
- Press Release
- Photosmith is also covered extensively in iPad for Photographers by Jeff Carlson (Peachpit Press).
What’s New in this Version
Photosmith is a ground-up redesign of the interface and significant improvements in the code. Memory usage is improved, speed is drastically increased, flexibility has vastly improved.
All of the most requested features from earlier versions have been added. Including: batch tagging, two-sync with Lightroom, native Eye-Fi support, selectable iPad albums to import, and dozens more.
Please note that Photosmith is not an image editing tool (exposure, cropping, etc). However, because the photos are stored in the main Photos app, you may edit using any of the many great editing apps available and still manage the photos within Photosmith.
Your photography workflow – mobile
$19.99 App Store Link
Taking photos is only half the work. Sorting, organizing and sharing are every bit as important – but they’re also a chore. With Photosmith® you can do it as easily in a crowded train as on your couch, or a beach-side hammock. And when you get back to your computer, it’s a matter of two taps to synchronize it all with Lightroom. Wirelessly.
Photosmith® synchronizes with Adobe Lightroom. Import your latest photos from a memory card with a camera connector kit, or wirelessly sync your unsorted backlog from Lightroom with our free plugin. Sort and filter your photos, organize them into collections, apply star ratings and color labels. Share highlights and rough selections to Facebook, Flickr or by e-mail.
Photosmith effortlessly adapts to your needs with finely crafted tools like metadata presets and the innovative Smart Groups that intuitively groups photos for you. Smart Groups make it as simple as moving a slider to select just the right groups, whether you process your photos one at a time or need to update a thousand at once. Once selected, the intelligent keywording interface and QuickTag bar puts the full power of your keyword hierarchy at your fingertips.
And when you get back to your computer, it’s a matter of two taps to synchronize it all back to Lightroom.
- Sort and filter your photos
- Organize them into collections
- Apply star ratings and color labels
- Apply keywords and IPTC metadata individually, in groups, or with presets
- Share highlights and rough selections to Facebook, Flickr or by e-mail
- Support for RAW, JPG, or RAW+JPG
- Support for 100% zoom in many cameras
- Native support for Export and Publish Services in Adobe Lightroom
- Directly receive from Eye-Fi cards
- Very powerful sync options, allowing workflow customization
Camera File Format Support
- JPG – full support for both image viewing and metadata
- Canon CR2, Nikon NEF, Pentax PEF: Full support for cameras made in the past few years
- Sony ARW, Panasonic RW2, Olympus ORF: Support for screen-size viewing and full metadata
- DNG, Fuji RAF: Limited support. The same image shown in the Photos app will be the same shown in Photosmith. Metadata and organization is still possible; only the photo viewing is affected.
For a list of recently tested models, see http://photosmithapp.com/cameras
- iPad with iOS 5.1 or higher
- Apple® Camera Connection Kit (only needed if you import images from your camera)
- Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom 3.5 or higher on Mac or Windows (SP3 required if Windows XP)
- Photosmith Lightroom plugin available for free from our websitehttp://www.photosmithapp.com/index.php/plugin/
- Wi-Fi connection during sync
Photosmith was created by a small team of avid photographers. We take feedback seriously and welcome customer interaction.
Every attempt has been made to make the Photosmith sync process as easy to use as possible; however, questions still come up. Photosmith offers extensive in-app help, and we provide a user feedback system to help tell us what our users want. If all else fails, you can contact us directly from within the app for 24 hour response.