July 11, 2013
The 3.0 release of Photosmith was well received, but as with any complex software, there’s always minor bugs that make their way into the code. We’ve fixed issues as they’ve been reported to our support team, and had the update submitted to Apple three weeks after our main launch. After more than a week in the review queue, it’s now available for download.
This was intended to be a bug-fix release, but we were able to add explicit support for Eye-Fi Mobi cards. Other than connecting your iPad to the Mobi’s network, there’s no configuration, making setup much, much easier compared to a traditional Eye-Fi.
Additionally, by popular request, we added a separate button for delete. The functionality is the same, but it’s now more obvious how to get to delete.
- Fixed bug where star ratings wouldn’t be read from CR2 jpgs
- Fixed display bug during import size calculation
- Updated TestFlight SDK to 1.2.6 (for iOS 7 preliminary support)
- Fixed bug related to correct parsing of Leica DNG+JPG files
- Updated logic and text to give basic instructions on how to sync with LR in the All Photos drawer
- Selecting a photo in Grid view, tapping Fullscreen button, correct Photo is now shown in Fullscreen
- Fixed memory leak when importing images from Shuttersnitch / Photocopy
- Fixed bug where duplicate image names with the same date would be incorrectly matched during sync
- Fixed bug in Delete Dialog where having 1 photo selected which shows up as 1 synced & 1 unsynced
- After deleting photos, currently select image count doesn’t reset to zero
- Updated logic for fetching IP addresses to include IPv6 and cell phone addreses
- Updated link for plugin in setup wizard email
- Fixed issue where Photos.app instance may not be available upon export, so full resolution is used instead
- Fixed crash caused by non-standard JPG height and width EXIF data
- Added additional checking for valid values when displaying exposure info in Loupe view